There are lot of free games floating around there right now, from Epic’s weekly freebies to publisher promos on Steam, GOG sale giveaways, and more. But staying on top of them all can be a real chore, and you might be missing out on some good stuff.
So we here at PC Gamer have decided to help, with this running list of every free game that crosses our screens. The goal is to help you find and claim games that usually cost money, so free-to-keep and temporary promotions will be included and noted as such, but free-to-play games and others that are normally free won’t be—for that, be sure to take a look at our categorized breakdown of the best free PC games.
So, here’s what we’ve got:
- Saints Row 4 Re-Elected – Over-the-top open-city crime series Saints Row finds a new top to go over, becoming a full-on superhero game. Comes with a bunch of DLC. (Epic, ends December 15.)
- Wildcat Gun Machine – A bullet hell dungeon-crawler, with a gross-out art style. (Epic, ends December 15.)
Free to keep:
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall – The first two games in the classic RPG series have come to Steam thanks to the end of the Bethesda launcher. Arena has some great dungeons, and Daggerfall is an ambitious mess that’s perhaps the buggiest thing Bethesda ever made.
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory – This objective-based multiplayer World War II FPS is another survivor of the Bethesda launcher’s downfall.
- Magic: The Gathering Arena booster packs – Want to try Magic expansion Dominaria United? Use the code PlayDMU in the store to get three booster packs for free.
- Cave Story’s Secret Santa – A Christmas-themed Cave Story spin-off “created in cooperation with Studio Pixel” according to Nicalis.
The games on Prime Gaming aren’t technically free, since you need to be a subscriber in order to take advantage. But there’s a lot on offer if you are, including in-game loot and starter packs for free-to-play games, so it’s worth keeping tabs on.
Prime Gaming is included with Amazon Prime at $13 per month, or $120 per year; links to all included freebies are available at amazon.com.
- Quake (Epic)
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Amazon Games App)
- The Amazing American Circus (Amazon Games App)
- Desert Child (Amazon Games App)
- Banners of Ruin (Amazon Games App)
- Doors: Paradox (Amazon Games App)
- Spinch (Amazon Games App)
- Rose Riddle 2: Werewolf Shadow (Legacy Games)
We’ll keep this list as comprehensive as we can, but if you spot something we haven’t, let us know in the comments.